Teach your students the basics of visual literacy and language techniques with this beautiful still image unit. The sad fact is that our kids are probably consuming much more visual media than written media and it's our responsibility to teach them to consume this visual media responsibly.
Each resource is created to show your students they ways in which photographers and content creators use visual and language techniques to inspire, inform, sell, and persuade.
The entire unit (minus the annotation flip book) can be used digitally, printed and sent home as an individual work packet, or taught in the classroom. Perfect for any style of teaching!
The bundle includes:
- Intro to still images slideshow
- Note taking booklet
- Visual features of still images slideshow (with examples)
- Language features of still images slideshow (with examples)
- Annotation flip book
- Instagram caption worksheets (digital and printable)
- Analysis questions (digital and printable)
- Still image analysis cheat sheet